1. A. B. C.
2. A. B. C.
3. A. B. C.
4. A. B. C.
5. A. B. C.
6. Which city is Lucy moving to?
A. Shanghai. B. Beijing. C. Nanjing.
7. Why is Lucy moving?
A. Because her father has got a job there.
B. Because she is going to university there.
C. Because she misses her friends there.
8. What is Tom doing?
A. He is doing his homework B. He is having lunch outside. C. He is phoning his friend.
9. When does Jack want Tom to see him?
A. At seven in the evening. B. At six in the morning C. At four in the afternoon.
10. Where is Jack going to see Tom?
A. At Jack’s office B. At Jack’s home. C. At the school gate.
11. How old was Liangliang?
A. 5 B. 4 C. 3
12. Where did Liangliang live?
A. In a big city B. In the countryside C. In a small town.
13. What was his mother?
A. teacher B. A nurse C. A worker
14. What did the boy say to his mother?
A. I love you. B. I’m sorry. C. How are you?
15. What kind of boy do you think Liangliang was?
A. Quiet. B. Lazy C. Clever.
Susan is interested in
Traveling is an important 17____________ in her life.
This 18___________, her family are coming to China.
They will stay here for 19____________ days.
Then they will 20___________ to Beijing.
21. What’s ____ date today?
A. 不填 B. a C. the D. that
22. –Is this your e-dictionary?
–No. _____ is in the school bag.
A. His B. Yours C. Hers D. Mine
23. –You didn’t send me an e-mail last night, did you?
–Sorry. My ______ broke down. I couldn’t get online.
A. computer B. car C. clock D. camera
24. –Jim, I’m afraid I can’t go to your party tonight. My grandma is ill.
A. I’m sorry to hear that B. That’s all right C. She has to stay in bed D. Don’t worry
25. Schools _____ allow students at least one hour a day for sports.
A. would B. might C. should D. could
26. Carl felt _______ because he won the first prize in the school singing competition.
A. interested B. proud C. angry D. worried
27. – Mr Smith, would you please speak a little more ______?
– Sorry! I thought you could follow me.
A. quietly B. quickly C. slowly D. politely
28. – Look! Here comes our school bus.
– No hurry. Don’t get on it ______ it has stopped.
A. until B. after C. since D. when
29. Mrs Brown couldn’t find her purse. She didn’t remember _______.
A. whose it was B. where it was C. what it was D. when it was
30. – Tom, it’s cold outside. _____ your coat when you go out.
– OK, Mom.
A. Take off B. Take away C. Put away D. Put on
31. Ba Jin, one of the greatest writers in China, _____ as “People’s Writer”.
A. is regarded B. has regarded C. is regarding D. regards
32. Which of the following notices can you find in a garden? _______
A. B. C. D.
33. --_____, could you tell me the way to the Park Street?
--The Park Street? Oh, go straight and turn left. You can’t miss it.
A. All right B. Never mind C. Excuse me D. Thank you
34. –I called you at half past nine this morning, but there was no answer.
–Oh, sorry. I _____ with my cousin in the supermarket.
A. shop B. was shopping C. shopped D. will shop
35. –Jack, I will go for a picnic with my parents after the exam.
A. That’s it B. Have fun C. It’s a pleasure D. It doesn’t matter
Jimmy started painting when he was four years old. When he was six, he was already very good at it. He 36____ many beautiful an interesting pictures, and people 37____ a lot of money for them. They said, “This boy’s going to be 38____ when he’s a little older, and then we’re going to 39____ these pictures for a lot more money. Then we will get rich.”
Jimmy’s pictures were 40____ from other people’s because he never painted on the whole piece of 41____. He painted on half of it, and the other half was always 42____.
“That’s very clever,” everyone said, “43____ else does that!”
One day somebody bought one of Jimmy’s 44____ and then said to him, “Please tell me this , Jimmy. Why do you paint on the 45____ half of your paper, but not on the top half?”
“Because I’m small,” Jimmy said, “and my brushes don’t reach very high.”
36. A. took B. borrowed C. lent D. painted
37. A. paid B. bought C. wanted D. needed
38. A. young B. famous C. short D. cool
39. A. fill B. buy C. sell D. draw
40. A. different B. similar C. away D. good
41. A. glass B. wood C. paper D. table
42. A. empty B. full C. dirty D. blue
43. A. Anybody B. Somebody C. Everybody D. Nobody
44. A. brushes B. books C. pictures D. pens
45. A. middle B. bottom C. right D. left
Once my father and I went to see a circus(马戏团). A family was standing in front of us 46____ for tickets.
The family had eight children. Their clothes were not 47____ but they were clean. They were talking about the clowns(小丑) and elephants excitedly.
“I want 48____ tickets, eight for children and two for adults(成人).” Said the father to the ticket lady.
The ticket lady told him the 49____. When he heard that, the man couldn’t believe his 50____. He asked again, “How much?”
The ticket lady spoke again. The father looked sad. Clearly, he didn’t have 51____ money.
My dad took a $20 bill and dropped it on the ground. Then he 52____ the bill, and said to the man, “Sir, this fell out of your pocket.”
The man knew what was 53_____ on. He looked into my dad’s eyes and took the 54____. “Thank you, thank you, sir. This 55____ means a lot to me and my family.”
We didn’t go to the circus that night, but we didn’t feel sorry for it at all.
46. A. waiting B. looking C. working D. preparing
47. A. common B. cheap C. old D. expensive
48. A. eight B. ten C. two D. five
49. A. ticket B. number C. price D. time
50. A. eyes B. ears C. nose D. head
51. A. space B. any C. little D. enough
52. A. picked up B. took away C. put down D. looked up
53. A. walking B. going C. looking D. holding
54. A. book B. pocket C. bill D. bag
55. A. hardly B. nearly C. only D. really
M: Good morning. Can I help you, madam?
W: Yes, please. 56____
M: OK. Qingdao is a nice place to visit. 57____ The weather is neither hot nor cold.
W: Sounds good. 58____
M: You can get there by train.
W: Shall I visit places of interest by bus in Qingdao?
M: Sure. 59____
W: Really perfect. 60____f
M: 280 yuan each person. It includes train tickets, park tickets, hotel and meals.
W: Well. It’s nice. I’d like to book（预定）the tour for two.
A. Why not call a taxi to go there with your friends?
B. Our sightseeing（观光）bus will take you around the city.
C. How can I get there?
D. Could you introduce me a nice place to see over the weekend?
E. Hope you will have a great time there.
F. How much does it cost?
G. It’s the right time to go there.
I am Steve. I was born and grew up in South Wales. My favourite place to play was out on the hills where my imagination had plenty of space to expand(拓展).
My family moved out of Wales when I was thirteen. I went to a new school. One of my subjects was French. Because I had never learned any French, my teacher told me to sit in the corner and write anything I was interested in. That’s the time I started writing, just for myself, and I’ve been writing ever since.
I have always loved BIG IDEAS, and so I enjoy writing fantastic stories. And I also write horror(恐怖的) stories. I think they are like the old fairytales(童话故事), and can teach you important things.
I am in my forties on the outside, twelve on the inside. I like rock music, Indian and Chinese food, rabbits. If you’d like to find out more about me and hope to buy my books, go to www. sbowkett. freeserve. co. uk.
61. When he was 13, the writer _____.
A. wrote lots of poems B. moved out of Wales C. sold many story books D. became a famous singer
62. He liked playing out on the hills because he could ____.
A. expand his imagination B. learn French C. listen to stories D. buy some books
63. Maybe the writer is ____ years old now.
A. 12 B. 22 C. 32 D. 42
64. According to the passage, the writer keeps ____.
A. cats, hens and pigs B. ducks, goats and rabbits C. hens, rabbits and dogs D. rabbits, pigs and cats
65. From the passage, we can learn that the writer ____.
A. lives in a big city with his son. B. likes eating Japanese and Indian food C. lives in the countryside with his wife D. introduces a nice book to us
Mr John Heppell
House of Commons
Monday 12th March 2007
Dear Mr Heppell,
I am Sabrina Akhtar studying in a high school and I’ve noticed that forests are disappearing(消失)．
You know, forests are disappearing around the world each year. This is because of many different reasons including farming, tourism, pollution(污染), etc. If we stop doing these things, there will be a good future for people of tomorrow.
Now I’m writing to ask you to help stop forests from disappearing. You can help by getting shops to stop selling paper made from trees and changing to tree-free paper (paper not made from trees). This will help forests so much. There are many, many things we can do to help forests. If you would like to know more, please visit http://www.Rainforestweb.org/. By changing the little things, we can make a big difference.
If you would like to contact(联系) me, please see the above address or e-mail me at shazadinol@hotmail. Co. uk. Thank you for taking your time in reading this letter.
66. The writer of this letter is _____.
A. a student B. a teacher C. an officer D. a driver
67. _____ is one of the reasons why the forests are disappearing.
A. Rain B. Tourism C. Planting D. Breathing
68. The writer advises Mr Heppell to _____.
A. stop shops from using paper any more B. use paper which is made from trees C. stop shops selling paper made from trees D. plant more and more trees in the future
69. How can Mr Heppell contact the writer? _____
A. By calling her B. By interviewing her C. By visiting her D. By e-mailing her
70. What’s the purpose of this letter? _____
A. To know more about Mr Heppell B. To make friends with Mr Heppell C. To ask Mr Heppell to teach in the school D. To ask Mr Heppell to help protect forests
A man came home from work late, tired, to find his 5-year-old son waiting for him at the door.
“Daddy, how much money do you make an hour?”
“If you must know, I make $20 an hour.”
“Oh,” the little boy replied, with his head down. He thought for a moment, looked up and said, “Daddy, could you lend me $10?”
The father was furious, “If you asked for the money to buy a toy or some other rubbish, then go straight to your room and think about why you are being so selfish （自私的）！
The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. After about an hour or so, the father calmed(平静) down, and started to think, “Maybe he really needs to buy something and he didn’t really ask for money very often.” So he went to the little boy’s room.
“Sorry! Maybe I was too hard on you just now.” said the man, “Here’s $10.”
“Oh, thank you, Daddy!” he said happily. Then, the boy took out some coins. When the father found that the boy already had money, he got angry again.
“Why do you want more money since you already have some?” the father shouted angrily.
“Because I didn’t have enough, but now I do.” The little boy replied, “Daddy, I have $20 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.”
71. How much does the boy’s father make an hour? ____
A. $10 B. $20 C. $30 D. $40
72. In this passage, the underlined word “furious” means _____.
A. very angry B. quite happy C. too excited D. a little nervous
73. At first, the father refused to lend the boy any money because _____.
A. he thought the boy wanted to keep the money for himself
B. he did not have enough money at that moment
C. he thought the boy would buy something of no use
D. the boy always borrowed money from him
74. The boy wanted to buy _____ with twenty dollars.
A. a new book for himself B. a nice present for his father C. a toy for his won birthday D. an hour of his father’s time
75. From the passage, we can infer (推断) that the boy’s father _____.
A. often played with his son B. spent little time with his son C. didn’t love his son at all D. often came back home early
One day an American called Simon went to London to visit his friend, Rick. Rick told him that his flat was on the first floor. When he arrived, Simon went straight to the first floor of the building. But he was told that there was no Rick on that floor. Do you know why?
In fact, the British call the first floor of a building the ground floor. The floor above the ground floor is the first floor, which Americans would call the second floor.
The story shows that there are a few culture differences between Britain and America, though the British and Americans both speak English.
The British usually hide their feelings. They seldom start a conversation with strangers. For example, on the train the British often spend their time reading newspapers or books. But Americans are quite different. They’re more active and easier to talk with.
The British and Americans may use different terms for many things. The British usually use football, eraser and mail while Americans prefer to use soccer, rubber and post.
76. Simon went to London to _____.
A. visit his friend B. spend his holiday C. study English D. have a meeting
77. Which picture shows us where Rick’s flat was? _____
A. B. C. D.
78. According to the passage, the British usually spend their time _____ on the train.
A. playing cards B. talking loudly C. doing some reading D. singing and dancing
79. What does the underlined word “term” mean in Chinese in the passage? ______
A. 成果 B．学期 C．会议 D．用语
80. What’s the best title for the passage? _____.
A. differences in culture B. Simon’s funny story C. Information abroad D. Hiding the feelings
2. 田甜将去英国George Spencer School 学习一年，并将乘飞机于8月1日下午4点到达伦敦希斯罗机场（Heathrow Airport）。
June 26th, 2007
How is everything going? I’d like to introduce my best friend, Tian Tian, to you. ___________
Will you please be kind enough to meet her at the airport? Many thanks.