1. A. A radio. B. A fridge. C. A washing machine.
2. A. For half an hour. B. In 2003. C. About 300 metres.
3. A. I hope so. B. Thanks a lot. C. I think so.
4. A. Yes, he is. B. No, he isn't. C. He's a waiter.
5. A. I'm sorry to hear that. B. Oh, I know. C. It doesn't matter.
6. What are the children doing?
7. What has the man got from his wife?
8. What would Tom like to do?
9. How much is Betty's watch?
10. Where's the man now?
11. Mrs. Green was crying because someone had picked her flowers.
12. Her neighbour's daughter picked her flowers.
13. The girl's grandfather was ill in bed.
14. The girl needed money to pay for medicine.
15. We can see that Mrs. Green is very kind.
Instructions for the trip
Leaving Xining, Qinghai Arriving in Beijing
Date: ________ 16 Time:__________19
Time: __________17 Returning to Qinghai
Flight No:_________18 Date.__________20
16.________ 17.________ 18.________ 19. _______ 20. _______
21. He gave my sister ________useful book yesterday.
A. an B. a C. X
22. I will meet my best friend ________the morning of May 1st.
A. in B. on C. at
23.—Oh, there's someone in the room.
—________must be my brother.
A. He B. This C. It
24. The story is hard to understand ________there are no new words in it.
A. but B. so C. though
25. —What do you think of her spoken English?
—Oh, no one speaks________.
A. better B. well C. best
26. Could you tell me________?
A. When will Mary come back
B. When Mary comes back
C. When Mary will come back
27. —Must I finish the work today?
—No, you_______. You ________finish it tomorrow.
A. mustn't; must B. needn't; may C. can't; may
28. —Linda, pass my glasses to me, please. I can ______ read the words in the newspaper.
A. hardly B. nearly C. clearly
29.—Oh, your skirt looks beautiful!
A. Don't say that B. Thank you C. I don't think so
30. —Will you come on Monday or Tuesday?
—I'm afraid ________ day is possible. I'll be busy next week.
A. either B. neither C. both
31. He ________ our school for two weeks.
A. left B. has left C. has been away from
32. We are not sure if it ________ tomorrow. If it ________, our sports meeting will be put off.
A. will rain; rains B. rains; will rain C. will rain; will rain
33. If you still have any other questions, please ________ your hands.
A. put up B. put down C. put on
34. —How do you like your Chinese teacher?
A. Yes, I like him very much
B. He is very kind
C. I enjoy his class
35. —Do you mind my smoking here?
—________. Look at the sign. It says, "No smoking".
A. Of course not B. No, I don't C. You'd better not
Billy is a boy of fifteen. His parents died three years ago. One day when he was walking in the street he 36 a wallet. He returned it to the owner, Mr. Baker. He gave his 37 to the boy. As the boy had no job, Mr. Baker made him work for him in his 38. Billy worked so hard that Mr. and Mrs. Baker were 39 with him.
Mr. Baker loved planting 40 . The week before last, he brought a few trees home, planted them in the 41 himself and watered them every day. Several days 42 , he had to leave for another city. Before he started, he said to Billy, "Take good care of these trees. Some boys near our house always want to steal them. ""Don't 43 about them, sir. "answered Billy, "I'll try my best to watch them. "Six days passed and Mr. Baker came back. He asked, " 44 anyone ever come to steal the trees?""No, sir. "said Billy. "To stop someone from stealing the trees, I 45 them up six days ago. I have hidden (藏) them for almost a week!"
36. A. bought B. found C. carried D. wanted
37. A. wallet B. pity C. thanks D. excuses
38. A. office B. factory C. town D. home
39. A. pleased B. angry C. bored D. sad
40. A. grass B. flowers C. vegetables D. trees
41. A. garden B. office C. city D. room
42. A. ago B. later C. before D. after
43. A. think B. talk . C. learn D. worry
44. A. Did B. Does C. Has D. Will
45. A. sent B. pulled C. put D. picked F.
One day a poor man was cutting a big piece of wood near a river. Suddenly his old axe (斧子) fell into the water. He felt very sad because he lost his only axe. Then all at once a beautiful fairy (仙女) came out and asked the man what was the matter.
"I have lost my axe, "he said. "It fell into the water when I was cutting the wood. "
The fairy showed him a gold (金) axe and asked, "Is this yours?"
"No,"said the man.
The fairy then showed him a silver (银) axe and asked again, "Is this yours?"
"No," again answered the man.
Then she showed him the old axe.
"Yes, that is mine," called out the happy man.
"I know it well enough," said the fairy, "I only wanted to see if you would tell me the truth, and now I'll give you the gold axe and the silver axe besides your own one. "
46. One day when the man was cutting something,________.
A. he fell into the water B. his axe dropped into the river
C. his axe fell into a lake D. he saw a beautiful fairy
47. The man was sad because________.
A. he was poor and had no other axes B. he could not go on working
C. he liked his axe very much D. his axe was a gold axe
48. The fairy gave him a gold axe and a silver axe, but he didn't take them. Because he________.
A. did not like them B. did not know they were made of gold and silver
C. was very rich D. knew these axes were not his
49. At the end of the story the man had________.
A. only one axe B. two axes C. three axes D. many axes
50. The fairy helped the man because he was ________ man.
A. an old B. a young C. a poor D. an honest (诚实的)
Name of the show: Soul of dance
Date: 19 :30, March 2
Number: 16, Row 9, 1st F
★Children below 1. 2M are not allowed to enter the theatre. Children above 1. 2M should enter with tickets only.
★Please check the date and seat number when you buy your ticket. Once the ticket has been sold out, there is no refund(退票).
★No smoking in the theatre. Dangerous things are not allowed in the theatre. Sometimes a security (安全) check is necessary.
★The use of cameras, videos and tape recorders are not allowed in the theatre.
★Please turn off your beepers(传呼机) , mobile phones or set them to vibration mode(振动模式).
★Please check your seat number and be seated before the performance begins. If you arrive after the show begins, please wait outside the performance hall, enter quietly into the hall during the interval (幕间休息) and take a free seat.
51. I can get my ticket refunded if I'm not pleased with my seat.
52. Sometimes there are security checks before people enter the theatre.
53. It's not allowed to leave my mobile phone on while I am watching the show.
54. If I arrive after the show begins, I should hurry to my seat.
55. I can take photos in the theatre if I like.
We each have a memory. That's why we can remember things after a long time. Some people have a very good memory and they can easily learn many things by heart, but some people can only remember things when they say or do them again and again.
A good memory helps one learn a language well. Everybody learns his own language when he is a small child. He hears the sounds, remembers them and then he learns to speak. Some children are living with their parents in foreign countries. They can learn two languages easily because they hear, remember and speak the two languages every day. In school it is not easy to learn a foreign language because the students have little time for it and they have to learn other subjects, too.
Our memory can get better and better if we do more and more exercises. Do you want to learn a foreign language well? If so, you must do a lot of listening and speaking.
56. We can remember things after a _____ time because we each have a ______.
57. A man with a ________memory can learn many________ by heart.
58. If a child often hears, remembers and________ two languages every day he or she can ________these languages easily.
59. At school, it is not easy for the ________to learn a foreign language well because they have_______ time for it and they have to learn other subjects, too.
60. If we want to learn a foreign language well, we must ________ a lot of ________and speaking.
56. ________ ________ 57. ________ ________
58, ________ ________ 59. ________ ________.
A: Good morning.61______
B: Yes, please. I'd like to buya tie for my father.
B: Blue. My father likes blue best.
A: How about this one?
B: Oh, it's very nice. 63______
A: 50 yuan.
B: That's too expensive, I can't afford it. 64______
A: Yes. This light blue one is only 30 yuan.
B: Well, this one looks very good. And the price is OK. 65______
A. How much is it? B. I'll take it.
C. What colour do you want? D. Do you have a cheaper one?
E. What about the yellow one? F. Can I help you?
66. You can look up the word in the d________ if you don't know it.
67. Don't________(fail to remember) to call me when you get there.
68. Mobile phones are________(流行的，普遍的) in the modern world.
69. Don't________ water. Can't you see the sign "Save Water"?
70. They won the basketball match yesterday. The________ was 5:3.
71. We are very________(surprise) at the news.
72. Several_________(foreign) visited our school yesterday.
73. Doctors often tell us________(drink) more water every day.
74. The boss left his office________(angry) without saying a word.
75. We will have the meeting on the________(twelve) floor.
66. ________ 67. ________ 68. ________ 69. ________ 70. ________
71. ________ 72. ________ 73. ________ 74. _._______ 75. ________
76. He writes to his mother once a month. (对画线部分提问)
________________does he write to his mother?
77. It is exciting news. (改为感叹句)
________________news it is!
78. Mike broke the window yesterday. (改为被动语态)
The window __________ by Mike yesterday.
79. I go to school on foot every day. (改写为同义句)
I __________ school every day.
80.1 don't know French, she doesn't know French, either.(改写为同义句)
________ she ________I know French.
76._________________ 77.______________ 78._________________
Someone asks w____81 we learn English in China. Because it is one of the world's m____82 important languages and it is also widely used in the modern world. If you travel all over the world, you'll find English everywhere. It's widely used for business between different countries. And threequarters of the world's books and newspapers are w____83 in English. If you know English, you can enjoy so many good books. It's really a bridge to so much knowledge.
So we must do more listening, speaking, r ____84 and writing. If you work hard on English, it's not d____85 to learn it well.
81. ________ 82. ________ 83. ________ 84. ________ 85. ________
Dear Miss/Mr. Li，