1. What did the woman do last night?
A. She went to a party. B. She went to school. C. She went to work.
2. What is Davis?
A. A film star. B. A basketball player. C. A baseball player.
3. Who has borrowed Polly's camera?
A. Jim. B. Jerry. C. Tim.
4. Where will the woman do?
A. She will stay home. B. She will visit Venice. C. She will go to see the film.
5. When will the woman get her work done?
A. Before seven. B. At seven. C. After seven.
6. When did Jenny buy the T-shirt?
A. After breakfast. B. After lunch. C. After supper.
7. Who is James Brown?
A. A good designer. B. A bad designer. C. A good advertiser.
8. Who is Michael?
A. Their best friend. B. Their head teacher. C. Their maths teacher.
9. Who will Betty do next Sunday?
A. To go hiking with her friends.
B. To visit her head teacher.
C. To look after her sister.
10. Has the woman been to the park before?
A. Yes. B. No. C. Not known.
11. What in the park does the woman like best?
A. The lake. B. The wooden house. C. The roses.
12. What does the woman want to get?
A. A big car. B. A dragon card. C. An ID card.
13. Where does the woman live?
A. At 18 Banana's Road. B. At 18 Bahamas Road. C. At 80 Bahamas Road.
14. What's the woman's telephone number?
A. 364-9759. B. 364-9659. C. 364-9759.
15. The dialogue is between _________?
A. two students. B. two teachers. C. a teacher and a student.
16. What does the woman think of the life of a student?
A. Not interesting. B. Interesting. C. Amazing
17. What does the man think of the job of a teacher?
A. Hard job. B. Easy job. C. Exciting job.
18. When did the dialogue happen?
A. Before the game. B. After the game. C. During the game.
19. What does Mike think of his training?
A. Not interesting. B. Interesting. C. Exciting.
20. What does Mike think of his football team?
A. A good team. B. A terrible team. C. A lazy team.
21. The speaker is _______.
A. a worker B. a guess C. a manager
22. How many matters about the hotel is the speaker not happy about?
A. Two. B.Three. C. Four.
23. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. The speaker stayed in the hotel for a week.
B. The speaker was well treated by the hotel.
C. The speaker enjoyed swimming in the hotel.
24. During his stay in the hotel, what did the speaker hear early in the morning?
A. Repairing. B. Cooking. C. Talking.
25. Which of the following does the speaker want the hotel manager to explain?
A. Why the swimming pool was not open.
B. Why the workers didn't repair the door of his room.
C. Why the workers didn't pay attention to them.
26. － Whose book is it .
－ It is ________.
A. mine B. your C. her
27. The fastest way to travel to Shanghai is _______ air.
A. in B. by C. on
28. Have you read the book ________ I gave you yesterday?
A. that B. when C. where
29. Our school is just ten _______ walk from my home.
A. minute's B. minutes' C. minute
30. We should keep the habit of taking notes when the teacher _________.
A. will talk B. would talk C. is talking
31. She was surprised __________ me last night.
A. to see B. see C. saw
32. You _______ study hard if you want to get good grades in English.
A. can B. may C. must
33. Some of my classmates ________ from other cities.
A. comes B. is C. are
34. The man _______ came to our party with a present is my old friend.
A. when B. which C. who
35. I am not sure _______ we will visit you next Saturday.
A. whether B. that C. what
36. － Which one of those two houses would you buy?
－ I would buy the _______ one, because I have a big family.
A. larger B. largest C. smaller
37. We believe that Mary ________ take the money at that time, though she was poor.
A. won't B. wouldn't C. is not going to
38. Since I had a lot of homework to do, I didn't go to bed ________ 12 last night
A. until B. when C. while
39. I asked her for _________ milk, but she didn't have ________.
A. any; some B. some; any C. some; some
40. A: Did you see ___________ dog just now?
B: Is it ___________ black dog?
A: Yes. It is.
B: Oh, I just saw it passing the door.
A. the; a B. a; a C. the; 不填
My holiday is coming. Yesterday I asked my American friends about the best way to travel within the United States. They said it was best to go by ___41____and gave me the __42___.
To fly, of course, is the fastest way, but one can't see anything during a __43___ except the blue sky and white clouds. So it is not very interesting to one who wants to see the __44____. Besides, airfare is very ___45__.
To travel by train is _46___, because passengers can walk and buy food and drinks on a train. They can also see cities and the country through the windows. But trains don't leave or __47_ at a place every day, and don't go to many cities.
To travel by bus, my friends tell me, is easy, cheap and convenient, though not so fast as traveling by plane or so __48__ by train. You can find buses almost in every city, big or small. That makes travel arrangement easy.
I take their _49___. Now I have decided to go to the east coast with an interesting _50___ by bus.
41. A. bus B. train C. plane
42. A. reason B. answer C. suggestion
43. A. railway B. flight C. course
44. A. country B. heaven C. mountains
45. A. cheap B. large C. expensive
46. A. relaxing B. interested C. dear
47. A. wait B. arrive C. pass
48. A. comfortable B. convenient C. tiring
49. A. advice B. surprise C. feeling
50. A. dialogue B. movement C. trip
In ancient China, the State of Wu made an attack on the State of Yue. The king of Wu was badly hurt and soon died. His son Fu Chai became the new king. Fu was very sad and angry and he decided to fight back for his father's death. He trained his army strictly until it was very strong. Three years later, he led his army against the State of Yue and caught its king Gou Jian, who was taken to the State of Wu.
Gou Jian was put into a small black stone house which was full of terrible smell and was made to raise (饲养) horses. Gou worked hard and tried to keep himself quiet, but he never forgot his pain. Many years later, he was set free. Gou secretly trained his army after he went back to his own state. In order to make himself strong-minded he slept on firewood and ate a gall bladder before having dinner and going to bed every night. After a few years, his country became strong once more. Then Gou took hold of a golden chance to fight against Wu and won the war in the end.
If one voluntarily (自愿) works very hard and voluntarily stands up to pains and difficulties in order to succeed, we might call him a "Gou Jian", and his story, a "Gou Jian's story".
51. _________ was seriously hurt and died.
A. Gou Jian's father B. Fu Chai's father
C. Gou Jian's brother D. Fu Chai's brother
52. Three years later _______ was caught and taken to the state of Wu.
A. Gou Jian B. Fu Chai
C. Gou Jian's father D. Fu Chai's father
53. Gou Jian ________ when he was in the state of Wu.
A. ate gall bladders B. raised horses
C. trained his army D. forgot his pain
54. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. The gall bladders tasted good. B. Gou Jian loved horse-raising.
C. Finally Gou Jian was set free. D. Finally Fu Chai was set free.
55. The story mainly tells us that ________.
A. a country without a strong army is easy to defeat
B. if someone attacks you, you should just fight back
C. if you fail in doing something, it's better for you to forget the pain
D. if you face difficulties bravely without giving up, you'll finally succeed
You want to know about my staying in America, right? Well, to tell you the truth, it is really an eye-opening experience to study here.
In China, I had English classes five times a week since fifth grade. However, I didn't know how different textbook English could be from everyday English until I came to Hotchkiss School, Connecticut.
When I first studied English, I was told to say, "I am fine" when people say "How are you?" But in the US, I found that people say, "I am good" or "I'm tired".
One day, someone greeted me with "What's up?" It made me confused. I thought for a moment and then smiled because I didn't know what to say.
Since then, I have discovered more and more differences between Chinese and US cultures.
To my surprise, US girls spend a lot of time in the burning sun to get a tan (晒黑). However, in China, girls try every possible way to get their skin paler, or "whiter".
I was also surprised by how hardworking US students are.
In China, schoolwork is almost everything, so we study hard and that's it. But here, a "good" student gets good grades, does a lot of for the public and plays sports or music.
The kids here are so talented, I am starting to be sorry that I gave up playing the piano at an early age and that I have never thought about sports.
56. According to the writer, textbook English is ________ everyday English.
A. quite different from B. the same as
C. more difficult than D. easier than
57. What does the word "confused" in the fourth paragraph mean in Chinese?
A. 困惑 B. 憧憬 C. 悲痛 D. 后悔
58. A good US student spends his / her time __________.
A. only in doing homework B. only on sports or music
C. only in working for the public D. on studies, sports or music and public work
59. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. The writer is now in US.
B. American girls love to have white skin.
C. US students are talented and hard working.
D. The writer regrets (后悔) that he gave up playing the piano.
60. Which is the best title for the passage?
A. My Own Travel in the US B. My Studying in the US
C. My Opinion about the US D. My Friends in the US
You may have known several kinds of police, traffic police, and street police. But have you ever heard of energy-saving (节能) policemen?
A group of 22 of these new policemen went to work last week in Beijing. They go around the city to see the use of energy in hotels, office buildings, shopping centers and other public places. One of their aims is to make sure that these sites have set their air conditioning (空调) no cooler than 26℃.
They also set up a special phone line so that people can tell them which buildings fail to follow the rule.
"If everyone sets their air conditioning at 26℃, Beijing will save 400 million kilowatt-hours of electricity in one summer. That's one-third of all the usage of the city in the season," said a TV advertisement.
Other Chinese cities, like Wuhan in Hubei Province and Yangzhou in Jiangsu Province, are going to follow Beijing's steps in setting up a similar police team.
As one of the fastest developing countries, China is using a lot of energy. This has a great effect on the country's environment and limited energy.
From 1986 to 2005, the country experienced 20 warm winters continuously. Numbers show that Chinese cities have to spend billion of yuan solving (解决) environmental problems every year.
At the beginning of this month, China made its first action plan to fight pollution. It aims to reduce energy usage by 20％ and increase renewable energy up to 10％ from 7％ by 2010.
To introduce the public to a green life, last week Beijing held a show on energy-saving technology and productions. Environment-friendly machines, such as a vending machine that helps collect used bottles, have attracted lots of attention.
"We want to tell people that there are certain ways to protect the environment. Each of us can find effective ways to do it in our daily lives," said Liu Qianguang, an environmental engineer in Beijing.
61. The job of the energy-saving policemen is ______________.
A. to set the air conditioning cooler
B. to check the use of energy in public places
C. to set up a special phone line
D. to make sure that more energy will be produced
62. Beijing will use ________ million kilowatt-hours electricity in one summer.
A. 1200 B. 800 C. 400 D. 133
63. Which of the following years' winters were all warm in China?
A. 1984-1988. B. 1999-2003 C. 2002-2006. D. 2005-2009.
64. In the year 2010 China's energy usage is going to be cut by ___________.
A. 20 ％ B.10 ％ C. 7 ％ D. 17 ％
65.According to Liu Qianguang, _______________.
A. there is few ways to protect the environment
B. it's difficult to find good ways to save energy
C. it's easy for one to do something good for the environment
D. it's not easy for one to do something good for the environment