1. A. How do you do? B. How are you? C. Fine, thank you.
2. A. It's big. B. It's hot. C. It's not far.
3. A. Yes. I'd like them. B. I don't like it. C. Thanks, but just a little.
4. A. Not at all. B. No problem. C. That's right.
5. A. I'm afraid not. B. Sorry, I don't know. C. I don't think so.
6. A. Saturday. B. Sunday. C. Monday.
7. A. In half an hour. B. In an hour. C. In an hour and a half.
8. A. Once a week. B. Twice a week. C. Three times a week.
9. A. Paul. B. Jack. C. Tom.
10. A. 88296212. B. 82896212. C. 82896122.
11. A. A hospital. B. A shop. C. An airport.
12. A. 42. B. 43. C. 44.
13. A. On foot. B. By bus. C. By bike.
14. A. 10. B. 11. C. 12.
15. A. One week. B. One month. C. One weekend.
16. A. In an office. B. In a school. C. In a factory.
17. A. In his car. B. By bus. C. By train.
18. A. He suddenly began to talk to Mr. Smith.
B. He asked Mr. Smith where he worked.
C. He wanted to read Mr. Smith's newspaper.
19. A. He was surprised. B. He was happy. C. He was angry.
20. A. Because he was one of the workmates of Mr. Smith's.
B. Because he always sat in the seat behind Mr. Smith.
C. Because he was one of the best friends of Mr. Smith's.
21. People often go skating in _________ winter.
A. × B. a C. an D. the
22. --- Why does Kate look upset?
--- Perhaps she has made _________ mistakes in her homework.
A. little B. a little C. few D. a few
23. It's raining outside, _________ this raincoat, please.
A. have on B. put on C. dress D. wear
24. Father went to his doctor for _________.
A. an advice B. advices C. some advice D. the advices
25. --- I think drinking milk every morning is good _________ our health.
--- Yes. I agree ________ you.
A. to; to B. with; to C. at; with D. for; with
26. The bread made in the bakery is _________ than those cakes.
A. more delicious B. much delicious
C. very delicious D. so delicious
27. --- When _________ the car _________?
--- About one hundred years ago.
A. did; invent B. was; invented C. was; invent D. did; invented
28. You'd better _________ her the surprising news now.
A. don't tell B. not tell C. won't tell D. not to tell
29. He has never traveled to a foreign country, _________?
A. does he B. doesn't he C. has he D. hasn't he
30. The skirt still looks pretty on you, _________ it is kind of out of style.
A. because B. for C. as D. though
31. _________ to ask me for help?
A. Why don't come B. Why not come
C. Why you don't come D. Why not to come
32. --- Did you go to see the film --- Rush Hour Ⅲ last night?
--- No, I didn't. I ________ it several times.
A. saw B. was seeing C. have seen D. would see
33. The shoes _________ belong to Tom, because they _________ big for him.
A. mustn't; much too B. mustn't; too much
C. can't; too much D. can't; much too
34. --- Which of the two English books will you buy?
--- I'll buy _________ of them, so I can give one to my friend Helen.
A. all B. both C. neither D. either
35. _________ is impolite to cut in line when you are waiting for a bus.
A. This B. That C. It D. Which
36. The charity _________ the children with new books and backpacks.
A. provided B. offered C. gave D. brought
37. --- He didn't stay up late last night.
A. So did I B. So didn't I C. Neither did I D. Neither didn't I
38. --- Do you think _________ he should go to the music club or not?
--- Sorry, I have no idea.
A. that B. what C. when D. whether
39. Those pictures will show you _________.
A. what our school looks like B. what does our school look like
C. how does our school look like D. how our school looks like
40. Father doesn't tell me when he _________. I'll call you as soon as he ________.
A. will come; comes B. will come; will come
C. comes; will come D. comes; comes
One day a poor farmer was taking a bag of wheat to town. Suddenly the bag (41) off his cart (马车) onto the road. He did not know (42) he could do about it because it was too heavy for him to lift (43) . He only hoped that someone would soon pass by and give him a hand.
Just at this moment, a man riding a (44) came up to him. But the farmer felt (45) when he saw who he was. It was the great man who lived nearby. He thought the great man (46) help him, and hoped another farmer would come up. But (47) his surprise, the man got off his horse right away and said: "I think you need help." Then he took one end of the bag and the farmer took (48) . They lifted it together and put it on the cart.
"Sir," asked the farmer, "how much should I (49) for you?"
"Don't mention it." the great man answered. "When you see (50) else in trouble, do the same for him."
41. A. got B. put C. fell D. run
42. A. what B. how C. where D. when
43. A. one B. alone C. only D. lonely
44. A. car B. bike C. bus D. horse
45. A. disappointed B. excited C. relaxed D. interested
46. A. would B. wouldn't C. must D. mustn't
47. A. to B. in C. at D. for
48. A. another B. other C. others D. the other
49. A. take B. cost C. pay D. spend
50. A. everyone B. anyone C. nobody D. everybody
One day Linda saw an advertisement in a magazine. It offered a packet of 100 stamps for $ 10. Linda wanted to start a stamp collection, so she ordered the packet.
Linda checked that mail every day for four weeks but the stamps didn't arrive. So Linda decided to write to the company.
"Dear sir/Madam," she wrote, "A month ago I sent you a postal order for $10 as payment for 100 stamps. They haven't arrived. Please send them right away."
Another month passed. The stamps still didn't arrive and she didn't receive any reply to her letter. She asked her father for advice. Mr. Wilson said, "You must write a strong letter. Make the company worry that you will report them to the authorities."
"Dear Sir/ Madam," Linda wrote in her second letter, "I am writing to complain about your poor service. Two months ago I send you a postal order for $10 as payment for 100 stamps. I didn't receive the stamps. A month ago I wrote to you to inform (告知) you of this. I still haven't received them. You gave me no answer. If you do not send me the stamps, I shall report this issue to the authorities."
Two days later, Linda received the stamps in the mail.
51. Where does Linda see the stamps advertisement?
A. In a newspaper. B. In a magazine.
C. In a storybook. D. In a textbook.
52. What did Linda ask the company to do in her first letter?
A. Send the stamps right away. B. Send the stamps in a month.
C. Send the same more stamps. D. Give back her money.
53. What did Linda write in the second letter?
A. To thank them for the stamps. B. To say the stamps were very bad.
C. To order some more stamps. D. To complain about not receiving the stamps.
54. What does "issue" mean?
A. stamp B. matter C. order D. letter
55. What did the stamp company do at last?
A. Returned the money to Linda. B. Answered the first letter.
C. Reported the issue. D. Sent the stamps to Linda.
(English Newspaper March 3, 2008) The biggest shopping center will open on March 8. Everybody with today's English Newspaper will get a small present. You're welcome. Telephone: 27648832 or 27643372
China Football Shanghai Shenhua VS Beijing Xiandai
Time: March 12
Place: Hongkou Stadium
Ticket: ￥40 for adults; ￥15 for students
Your school bag with some books. Come to Room 472 between 3 pm—6pm on March 14 (Friday). Call John at 43768521.
Ping-pong Summer Camp
How do you have your summer camp?
Ping-pong summer camp 2008 at Keqiao Children's Palace.
For more, please call Mary at 64371182.
56. If the reader has an English newspaper of March 3, he will get a small present on ________.
A. March 3 B. March 8 C. March 12 D. March 14
57. Jack, a middle school student, will watch the football match with his parents. The tickets will cost ________.
A. ￥15 B. ￥40 C. ￥55 D. ￥95
58. If Alan wants to get his schoolbag back, he can come to visit John at ________.
A. 2 pm on Monday B. 3 pm on Monday
C. 4 pm on Friday D. 1 pm on Friday
59. Sue is interested in the Ping-pong Summer Camp. She can call Mary _________.
A. 27648832 B. 27643372 C. 43768521 D. 64371182
60. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. The biggest shopping center will open on March 8.
B. The football match is between Shanghai Shenhua and Beijing Xiandai.
C. Alan found John's bag with some books in it.
D. Ping-pong Summer Camp will be held in Keqiao Children's Palace.
In Britain you're allowed to drive a car when you're seventeen. You have to get a special two-year driving license before you start. When you're learning, someone with full license always has to be in the car with you. You don't have to go to a driving school --- a friend can teach you. The person with you isn't allowed to take money for the lesson unless he's got a teacher's license.
Before you're allowed to have a full license, you have to take a driving test. You can take a test in your own car, but it has to be fit for the road. In the test, you have to drive round for half an hour and then answer a few questions. If you don't pass the test, you're allowed to take it again a few weeks later if you want to. In 1970, a woman passed her fortieth test after 212 driving lessons!
When you've passed your test, you don't have to take it again, and you're allowed to go on driving as long as (如果) you like, if you're healthy. Britain's oldest driver was a man who drove in 1974 at the age of 100.
Before 1904, everyone was allowed to drive, even children. Then from1904 car drivers had to have a license. But they didn't have to take a test until 1935. In the early days of car driving, before 1978, cars weren't allowed to go faster than four miles an hour and someone had to lead the car with a red flag.
61. Which of the following is NOT necessary for a young man who wants to drive a car alone?
A. He has to pass a driving test to get a full license.
B. He has to learn to drive in a driving school.
C. He has to get a special two-year driving license.
D. He has to reach the age of 17.
62. A person can't take money for driving lessons unless he ________.
A. has a full license and a teacher's license
B. has a driving school
C. is good at driving
D. has learned to drive in a driving school
63. In the driving test, one __________.
A. must drive his own car B. has to do some test papers
C. is usually asked to drive on roads for half an hour D. should have 212 driving lessons
64. The car drivers began to take a driving test in ________.
A. 1878 B. 1904 C. 1935 D. 1970
65. The best title for the passage is ________.
A. Britain Car Drivers B. Young Men's Driving Licenses
C. Tests for British People D. Driving License in Britain
66. May is the ________ month of the year.
67. Beijing was ________ host for the 2008 Olympics.
68. Taiwan is ________ the southeast of China.
69. ________ about taking a walk after supper?
70. We were ________ when we heard the bad news that a strong earthquake happened in Sichuan province.
71. The students in her class went to Mary's birthday party ________ Kate because she was ill in the hospital.
72. The Changjiang River is the ________river in out country.
73. We should pay ________ to English spelling while having English tests.
Ⅷ. 改写句子根据各小题A句的意思完成B句，使两句的意思基本相同。每空限填一个单词。(共12分, 每空1分)
74. A: We can't finish the whole work on time if you don't help us.
B: We can't finish the whole work on time ________ your ________.
75. A: The boy wanted to watch the baseball match but didn't want to stay at home.
B: The boy wanted to watch the baseball match _________ _________ staying at home.
76. A: Unless you work hard, you can't catch up with others.
B: ________ you ________ work hard, you can't catch up with others.
77. A: These questions are very easy. We can understand them.
B: These questions are ________ _________ for us to understand.
78. A: He said, "Are you interested in English?"
B: He asked me _________ I _________ interested in English.
79. A: Li Yundi began to learn the accordion at the age of four.
B: Li Yundi began to learn the accordion _________ he _________ four years old.
Ⅸ．补全对话根据对话内容, 在空格中填写一个句子, 使对话完整、正确。(共10分, 每空2分)
A: Hello, Tony. This is Mike.
B: Mike! Nice to hear you again.
A: Tony. I'm phoning to tell you that we're going to have a party at our new house. (80)_________________________________________?
B: Yes, I'd love to. When is it?
A: (81) _________________________________________.
B: Will the party go on very late?
A: Until two in the morning. But you don't have to stay that long.
B: (82) _________________________________________. I'll come. But I'd like to bring a present.
A: Nothing, just bring yourself!
B: (83) _________________________________________?
A: Come any time after eight. All right?
B: Yes. Oh, by the...
A: Bye! See you on Saturday evening.
B: (84) _________________________________________. Mike, you haven't...You haven't given me your new address. Hello?
Ⅹ．书面表达 ( 10 分)
1. 聚会的时间、地点和参加人员。(下午4:30 开始, 在Gina的家里)