1. The air yesterday was nice and clean.
2. I have fewer apples than you.
3. They came to Changsha at a bad time of year.
4. Will you help me do the cooking this afternoon?
5. The students can borrow books from the school library.
6. Li Ming is ill today.
7. How long have you been in this city?
8. What's your father?
9. Would you like some more bread?
10. Could I speak to Tom, please?
11. W: Excuse me. Which is the way to the nearest hospital?
M: Go along this street. At the end of the street, you can find it on your left.
W: Thank you.
Q: Where does the woman want to go?
12. M: What time does the train leave for Shanghai?
W: At 10 o'clock.
Q: When does the train leave?
13. M: Is this your classroom, Mary?
W: Yes, it is. It's Class 2, Grade 3.
Q: What class is Mary in?
14. M: Are you free today, Kelly?
W: Oh, yes. But I'm going to swim this afternoon.
Q: What will Kelly do this afternoon?
15. M: Are these Lucy's new shoes?
W: Yes. They are black. Those are Lily's. They are white.
M: I have new shoes, too. They are brown.
Q: What colour are Lily's shoes?
Mike lives in a village not far from New York. He has a big yellow dog. He likes the dog very much.
It was a Sunday morning. The dog stood near an old well（井）. He stood there all the morning and looked at the well. "Wow --- wow --- wow." The dog barked and barked（吠）all the time. Mike went to the dog and asked, "Why are you barking?" The dog looked at Mike, and then looked into the well. The dog thought there was another dog in the well.