1. A. bad B. good C. nice D. small
2. A. fewer B. more C. many D. most
3 A. went B. came C. got D. arrived
4. A. shopping B. cleaning C. washing D. cooking
5. A. lend B. borrow C. buy D. sell
6. A. Here you are. B. I'm sorry to hear that.
C. That's OK. D. I'm glad to hear that.
7. A. Three years ago. B. Tomorrow.
C. For four years. D. Yesterday.
8. A. It's a pen. B. It's red.
C. He is a doctor. D. He is young.
9. A. Yes, I like eggs. B. No, I'm not.
C. Yes, I do. D. No, I'm full. Thanks.
10. A. Speaking, please. B. No, you aren't.
C. Not at all. D. How old are you?
11. A. The farm. B. The factory.
C. The hospital. D. The school.
12. A. At 11 o'clock. B. At 10 o'clock.
C. At 8 o'clock. D. At 9 o'clock.
13. A. Class 4. B. Class 3. C. Class 5. D. Class 2.
14. A. She will go swimming. B. She will watch TV.
C. She will do her homework. D. She will go to the park.
15. A. Black. B. Brown. C. White. D. Green.
Mike lives in a village not far from New York. He has a big 16 dog. He likes the dog very much.
It was a 17 morning. The dog stood near an old well（井）. He stood 18 all the morning and looked at the well. "Wow-wow-wow." The dog barked（吠）and barked all the time. Mike 19 to the dog and asked, "Why are you barking?" The dog looked at Mike, and then looked into the well. The dog thought there was another dog 20 the well.
21. Nice to meet you.
A. have B. hear C. see D. listen to
22. This question is not easy.
A. dark B. large C. quiet D. difficult
23. She does well in English.
A. is afraid of B. is good at
C. is full of D. is ready for
24. At last, all the students in our class passed the exam.
A. By the end B. At the end
C. In the end D. To the end
25. — Excuse me, where is the nearest post office?
— Sorry. I have no idea.
A. I don't tell you. B. I don't know.
C. I don't go there. D. I don't think so.
26. Look! There are some________ on the floor.
A. child B. water C. boxes D. girl
27. We are sure that our football players will do________ best.
A. their B. they
C. them D. themselves
28. ________ tall the girl is!
A. How B. How a C. What D. What a
29. September 10th is________ Day.
A. Teacher B. Teachers' C. Mothers D. Mother
30. ________ call me Mimi! It's my cat's name.
A. Not B. Didn't C. Doesn't D. Don't
31. Mr. Black is rich, ________ he is not happy.
A. and B. or C. but D. 不填
32. Now China has joined WTO（世贸组织）, so I think English is________ useful than before.
A. more B. most C. much D. many
33. Chinese________ by the largest number of people.
A. is speaking B. speak
C. speaks D. is spoken
34. — ________ is your brother?
— He is at home.
A. What B. Where C. When D. How
35. Them is________ in the bag. It's empty.
A. nothing B. something
C. anything D. somebody
36. She________ know the answer, but I'm not sure.
A. maybe B. may be C. may D. must
37. I often________ my homework after supper. But yesterday evening, I________ TV.
A. do; watch B. did; watched
C. did; watch D. do; watched
38. We must keep the classroom________.
A. clean B. to clean C. cleaning D. cleaned
39. They went to the park yesterday,________?
A. don't they B. didn't they
C. aren't they D. can't they
40. — Can you tell me why________?
— Because I want to help the people there.
A. do you go to Tibet（西藏） B. did you go to Tibet
C. are you going to Tibet D. you are going to Tibet
Last year Tom left school. He came to Taipei to 41 a job（工作）. He went from one company（公司）to another but 42 wanted him. Now he had little money. He had to go back to his small town. So he came to the station. He felt 43 and tired. It was very late at night and was full of people. They were waiting 45 tickets of the last train. He bought the last ticket, and he was very happy.
At that time, a woman with a crying baby walked to him. She asked him to sell her the ticket. He gave her the ticket. He thought they needed it 46 he did. After 47 left, he sat on the bench （长凳）and didn't know 48 to go. Just then, an old man came and said, "Young man, I 49 what you did to the woman. I have a big company. I need a good young man like 50 . Would you like to work for me?"
41. A. find B. see C. look D. buy
42. A. everyone B. no one C. nothing D. something
43. A. happy B. interesting C. sad D. glad
44.A. the city B. the company C. the farm D. the station
45. A. to buy B. to sell C. to give D. to pass
46.A. less than B. more than C. smaller than D. worse than
47. A. Tom B. the bus C. the train D. the old man
48. A. what B. which C. why D. where
49. A. have seen B. don't know C. don't like D. have done
50. A. the woman B. you C. the baby D. her
How are you? I have been in the USA for six months. I like the life here. I have a few friends. I don't have much homework. There are a lot of sports at my school, but I don't like sports at all. like the food very much. I eat a lot of different kinds of food every day. I like coke（可乐）very much. I don't drink water. I drink coke instead（代替）. I'm enjoying my life here. The sad thing is that sometimes I get ill. I don't know why. My parents say I must go on a diet（节食）and do more sports. Must I?
51. David has been in America for six months.
52. David has to do much homework.
53. There are many sports at David's school.
54. David likes coke better than water.
55. David knows why he is often ill.
One day, Allan and his friend Henry went swimming in a river. It was very hot. How happy they were in the river! After they got out of the water, they played games in the sun for a while.
On their way back, Henry saw some flowers. He liked flowers very much and ran into the green field to look at them. Now Allan was walking by himself.
Then he heard Henry calling out, "A snake（蛇）! Help!..."
"What's wrong with you?" asked Allan.
"A snake bit（咬）me in the leg. Come here!"
Allan ran over and saw a small red wound（伤口）on Henry' s leg.
"The snake was in the grass. I didn't see it."
"Sit down quickly"! Allan told Henry.
Allan put his mouth at the little red wound and began to suck（吸）at it. In this way he saved （挽救）Henry's life. "Oh, Allan, it's very kind of you to help me."
"That's all right. We are friends and we must always help each other."
56. It was________ when-Allan and Henry went out.
A. hot B. cold C. raining D. wet
57. After swimming, they played in the sun________.
A. the whole morning B. for 2 hours
C. long D. for a while
58. On their way home,________ got something wrong with his
A. Allan; leg B. Allan; head
C. Henry; leg D. Henry; head
59. Henry and Allan are________.
A. workers B. good friends
C. brothers D. farmers
60. Which of the following（下面的）is true?
A. Henry went to look at the flowers with Allan.
B. Allan saved Henry' s life.
C. Allan saw the snake.
D. They ran to the hospital at once.
Mr. Ellis is very old. He has seen many changes in his home town.
He knows that things are different now. But he never forgets the old days. He likes to talk about them. He often talks about his favourite（最喜欢的）birds, the robins （一种小小鸟——鸫）. "When I was a boy, these houses were not here. There were wide fields and tall trees. Every spring robins would come. Thousands of them would fly up to the north from the south. They spent the winter in the south. Some would build their nests（巢）in the trees near our houses. Then people started to cut down trees, and they built more houses. The robins stopped coming. They couldn't build their nests near our houses because there were no trees."
"Now there are too many houses and too many roads. There are no places for the robins. They do come any more（不再）."
61. Mr. Ellis often talks about________.
A. his old house B. the old days
C. his life now D. his family
62. The birds, the robins, spent the winter in________.
A. the south B. the west
C. the north D. the east
63. ________ built the nests in the trees.
A. Mr. Ellis B. Some people
C. The robins D. Some dogs
64. Then people________ trees because they wanted to build more houses.
A. cut down B. planted C. bought D. watered
65. From the passage（短文）we can know that________.
A. Mr. Ellis likes his new life now
B. there were many houses there in the old days
C. the robins can make their nests without trees
D. Mr. Ellis is not happy with the changes there
66. Mr. White is a teacher. He works in a middle s________.
67. I g________ up at haft past six every morning.
68. In Changsha it's very hot in summer and very c________ in winter.
69. I could look a________ myself well when I was ten.
70. Please keep your eyes closed. Don't o________ them until I say "OK".
Thank you ① asking me to your birthday________.
Look! The ① are ②doing farm work in the fields.
The doctor told me ① take this medicine ② a day．
I'll ① to the zoo with my parents ② it doesn't rain tomorrow.
These machines are ① in China．They are very popular in the ② .
I'm very glad you are coming to visit me. Now I will tell you how to get to my 76 After you get off the 77 at the station, you can 78 a number 8 bus to Yingbin Road. The bus stop is near my home. Or you can take a taxi（出租车）if you like. That's much easier.
By the way, it's not very far 79 my home to the beach（海滨）. So we can go there 80 every day. I hope you will have a good time here. Write to me soon.