Period 1 Communication: No problem?
1. Learn some new words of this text.
2. Learn some knowledge and differences about body language.
3. Learn some ways to improve reading ability .
4. Develop interest in reading .
Teaching Important Points
1. Enable the students to understand body language.
2. Help the students to understand the text better.
3. Improve the students’ reading ability.
4. Master the new words
Teaching Difficult Points
1. How to help the students to understand body language.
2. How to enable the students to understand the text better.
3. How to develop students’ interest in reading.
1. Individual, pair or group work to make every student active in class.
2. Asking and answering to make students focus on the class.
3. Fast reading and careful reading to improve students’ reading skills.
1. the multimedia
2. the blackboard
3. a tape recorder
Step I Greetings (1ms)
Greet the whole class as usual and present the teaching aims.
Step II Lead-in （4ms）
Use a short film to lead students in class. Ask students 2-3 questions after seeing the film.
What did you see in the film? What is he doing? How is he directing traffic?
So we call this gesture body language.
Step III Pre-reading ( 7ms)
In this part, we will do a guessing and discussing game. Give students 3 minutes to enjoy, guess and discuss what information they can get from the pictures. 3 minutes later, ask volunteer students to challenge this guess. After that, give students the question to discuss : Can people communicate with each other without speaking and writing? How?
Step IV Learning new words ( 4 ms)
Give students 2 minutes to guess and match the meaning. Then spend another 2 minutes explain how to remember the new words.
Step V Fast reading ( 5 ms)
Make students read the passage quickly and find the information. 3 minutes later, check the information one by one. Meanwhile, tell students the skills of fast reading.
Step VI Careful reading ( 9mins)
The students greet each other, do they use the same body language? In this part, give students 6 minutes to read the text carefully and fill in the blanks. After that, spend 4 minutes checking the answers one by one.
Step VII Careful reading again (5mins)
Give students 3 minutes to read and find detailed information about the ways to greet each other in different countries. Spend 2 minutes check the answers one by one.
Step VIII Summary and homework (5mins)
Give students 2 minutes to discuss What they have got from this class and then invite 2-3 students to show their results. Assign students homework.
Step ⅨⅩReflections after teaching