１、 定语从句相当于一个形容词, 它对先行词起修饰、描述和限制的作用。同位语从句相当于名词，属于名词性从句，它是对前面名词内容的具体表述，它们之间的关系是同位关系。
２、that 在定语从句中充当某一成分, 是关系代词; that 在同位语从句中不作任何成分，仅把主句与从句连接在一起，是从属连词。
３、when, where, why, how, who, whom, which 如果引导定语从句, 它们分别指前面先行词所表示的时间、地点、原因、方式、人和物，否则引导的就是同位语从句。
４、whether, what 可引导同位语从句，但通常不可引导定语从句。
５、同位语从句常跟在 news, fact, promise, idea, word, message, hope, truth, answer, proposal, suggestion, order, information 等少数名词之后，而一般名词之后都可跟定语从句。
1.The youngest boy, Peter, refused to accept the money．
2. We four were greatly touched to hear the old man’s story．
3.He has read all kinds of books, ancient and modern, Chinese and foreign.
4.Second and most importantly, you must set off with a gun in the night．
5.That’s her habit, reading in bed．
6.Your suggestion, to strike while the iron is hot, seemed a good idea．
7.Yesterday I met Tom, a friend of my brother's.
8.He himself told me that his brother John is a world-famous doctor.
9. I’m looking for a job driving cars．
10.Football, his only interest in life, has brought him many friends．
11.We Chinese people are brave and hardworking.
12. He is interested in sports, especially ball games.
1.The possibility that the majority of the labor force will work at home is often discussed．
2. We are not looking into the question whether he is worth trusting．
3. The question whether to confess or not troubled the girl．
4. The news that our team has won the game was true.
5. The news that he told me yesterday was true.
6. I have no idea where I should go.
7. I have no idea how I can get to the railway station.
8. The suggestion (that) she has given at the meeting is good.
9. The suggestion that she should stay in the room is good.
1．The fact ___ _ she works hard is well known to us all．
2．I will find him he may be.
3．He often asked me the question _ ___ the work was worth doing．
4． wants to see this film can go with us tonight.
5．I have no idea ___ _ he will start．
6．I've come from the government with a message __ __ the meeting won't be held tomorrow．
7．You can take seat you want.
8．The fact __ __ he was successful proves his ability．
9. l have no idea he will be back．
10. He must answer the question he agrees to it or not.
11. Xiao Wang has solved the problem the TV was out of order .