Mini-story 2 (Unit 2,Book 2)
Lin Dan, who is a well-known badminton athlete of China, took part in the 2008 Olympic Games hosted by Beijing and he received a championship. He is described as the badminton prince and he of course deserves the praise because he has won gold medals one after another, bringing greatest glory to our homeland. Every time he was competing with a strong competitor, he tried his best to shoulder the heavy responsibility bravely. His success is no accident. He took pains to do regular physical training at the stadium as well as the gymnasium. On the basis of his characteristics, he has developed his own sporting skills ----being swift and magical. His smash made his opponent feel hopeless and foolish.
In 2004, he married Xie Xingfang after they admitted that they had run a six-year love marathon. He treats her as his goddess not his home slave. Their love motto is :“Nobody else can replace either of us.” Nowadays, not only is Xie Xingfang in charge of housework ,but also she volunteers to cheer up for him when he is playing a game at home and abroad. Being famous, they have advertised a few products for the companies. They have never bargained with the advertisers and have never been fined for avoiding paying personal income tax.
In their fans’eyes, both of them have many similarities and much in common as well. Their love stands for a perfect heart sign, just like an olive wreath.
1. shoulder heavy responsibility bravely 勇担重任
2. His success is not accident.他的成功绝非偶然。
3. take pains to do sth 尽心竭力做某事
4. on the basis of his characteristics根据自己的特点
5. His smash made his opponent feel hopeless and foolish他的扣杀球让对手感到绝望和愚蠢。
6. Not only is Xie Xingfang in charge of housework, but also she volunteers to cheer up for him when he is playing a game at home and abroad.谢杏芳不仅负责家务，而且当林丹在国内外打比赛时，她自愿去给他喝彩助威。
7. avoid paying personal income tax逃避交个人所得税